Violetta Zinchenko was living with her alcohol-dependent father when she accidentally wandered into an unlocked high-voltage electrical room. She had received a very severe electrical shock which fractured multiple bones, split her head open and burned more than 50% of her body. Violetta would have died if we had not moved into immediate action by paying for all of the medical care that she needed. Once she was out of immediate danger, she needed further operations to put a metal plate in her head to aid the healing of her skull fracture.
Afterwards, Violetta was desperate to thank everyone who was so concerned about her that they contributed to the medical care which saved her life! Although she suffered from a lot of pain during her long recovery, she was greatly looking forward to finishing all of her surgery so that she could concentrate fully on her studies again. Today, she is living safely under our care in the Kalaniot Emergency Shelter. At CCI we are just so grateful that we were able to intervene in accordance with God’s love for His daughter, Violetta, at this crucial moment.